Thursday, February 9, 2012

All the single ladies put your hands up... PROUD!

February is the so-called, month of love. And we all know what that means...Valentine's Day is coming!

Well, the "much awaited" day is just around the corner. And I'm pretty sure that all those single people welcoming Valentines Day 2012 are going to avoid the seemingly "special occasion" in the best way they can. They would probably prefer to commemorate Saint Valentine in a very discreet way.

How do I know? Well, those single people are my homies. And yeah, turns out, we have a lot in common.

I'm not really writing this blog post just for me to share my bitterness to the whole world. In fact, I don't really mind being single for the 14334323244329998 consecutive time, every time Valentine's Day come knocking at my door. Maybe I post status updates that may seem to look as if I dread the occasion so much but its just for humor purposes, honestly. Well, I may feel sad once in awhile but it only last for like a split second. So, see, I'm not totally bummed. I mean, its normal for girls like me who have been single for quite some time now. But what the hell, I've been dealing with this for several years now, for sure I'll get by.   

Call me pathetic, but living optimistically really helped me a lot not just in terms of my love life but with everything.

Being single in Valentine's day isn't so bad. (Trust me, I know.) Just because you're not in a relationship doesn't mean you don't have the right to be happy on February 14. Valentine's day does not necessarily equate to having a boy friend/girl friend for you to have the right to celebrate and own it. Last time I checked, we still live in a free country.

Take the meaning of Valentine's day literally, its the day of love, isn't it? Why not celebrate it with your family and friends? There's no "requirement" for Valentine's day so turn those frown upside down.

For a moment there I felt like I was some singlehood advocate. But let's face it, I do make sense, right? It may sound a tad pathetic but c'mon shoo those hatred away! Let's all be optimistic for awhile.

Being single makes you explore yourself more. You get to spend time with your friends and family more. We have to embrace it while it last. Sure, being in a relationship has its perks but since we're still in search for our prince charmings, we have to settle and try to be optimistic with what we have.

Joshua Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye might be a good read for all those single ladies out there who wants to keep their love life bitter-less as much as possible.


Isn't it weird that I'm viewing everything in such positive light? I know, it's so unlike me. But maybe, there's really just a point in your life that you realize all these things and just decide to live your life to the fullest by being contented and positive.

So do you still think I'm lame? C'mon! Cut me some slack, I'm creating a whole new perspective here! Don't hate, APPRECIATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment