Saturday, September 1, 2012

Post-College Hangover

Its actually 'kinda funny when you think about it. The moment you're already done with college you seem to want to go back with no apparent reason at all. This might be some kind of a "standard feeling" that each graduate encounter after finishing college. No matter how much you hated going to school before, expect a great feeling of nostalgia after a couple of months of not being able to call yourself a student anymore.

My best friend and I were actually able to visit our alma mater during the last long weekend. Its weird 'cause we felt all happy and giddy with just the thought of stepping foot once again in the streets of Taft Avenue. The thought of being back to where it all started made us excited (that's shallow happiness right there).

See, we went to Taft during a non-working holiday instead of resting at home, that's how much we were hung over with college.

We tried to reminisce all those great times we spent in DLSU and felt "home" for some reason. We could have spoiled all the time we had but the hot weather din't allow us to explore the campus again after a long time. We were supposed to go on food tripping just like the old days but we got stuck in a little place called Celdy's, Celdy's our used-to-be happy place.

Ira was craving for beef salpicao since.... FOREVER. And being back in Taft for her only means one thing: It's CELDY'S BEEF SALPICAO DAY.


You have no idea how much she was celebrating and fake-crying when her beef salpicao was served. 


As for me, I only had my one and only favorite, Fruitas salad. I know, I could have ordered a beef salpicao or some other special food in Taft but you know, with the diet and stuff. It's sad.

I was supposed to consider this day as cheat day though 'cause of Ira's food trippin' suggestion but we weren't able to go as planned, so yeah, D-I-E-T.


It really felt good to be back. I guess, the awesome memories that we had in DLSU made us want to revisit college in the simplest way we can. And besides, 4 years of our lives had been spent in this awesome institution. I mean, La Salle has been a huge part of our lives somehow, what's not to reminisce?

Credits to Ira for all the photos above!


Back in college, we weren't really one of those people who were all crazy about the DLSU basketball team. I mean, we wouldn't go out of our way just to watch a single DLSU ball game live. We did have enough school spirit and root for team somehow, its just that we didn't feel all the UAAP hype for us to watch it live. 

Now that we graduated from DLSU, it's odd that we suddenly found ourselves all crazy for our basketball team. The past 3 ball games of DLSU against UST, NU, and just recently the round 2 fight of DLSU and ADMU, we were there going all crazy, shouting at the top of our lungs in Araneta & the MOA Arena. 

DLSU vs UST 



DLSU vs NU 



DLSU vs ADMU (round 2)



UAAP 75 is a good season for the archers, I must say. You can see the potential and the mad basketball skills that these players got. Maybe that's the reason why Ira and I are all desperate to watch those exciting game of theirs, excluding the Ateneo-La Salle ones.

Hopefully, this season is already OUR season. 
Yes, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. TIWALA LANG.

Anyway. 

I can't believe I hated going to school before when clearly, being in campus (sans the studying) is much more exciting than being at the office. But yeah, work can also be exciting but not as exciting as college. I'm pretty sure all the employed yuppies out there get what I mean and my still-studying friends would surely beg to differ.

I wouldn't make this long and I guess, the bottom line of this post is plain and simple... I MISS COLLEGE, well, WE MISS COLLEGE rather. And as what Ira said and I quote, "Home is where TAFT is.

Yuchengco Building

2 comments:

  1. "You have no idea how much she was celebrating and fake-crying when her beef salpicao was served." ----> I KNOOOOW :'( HUHUHU HAHA!!

    NOMI CHEESEBURGER + CHICKEN TENDERS NEXT :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. TIWALA LANG.
    hahah


    Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete