Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The K.R. Dy

Just today, while I was fixing some of my old stuff, I came across a couple of memorabilias of my childhood.  And its funny how I found my old silly stories which I wrote in 2nd grade. The moment I saw all the yellow pad papers, it suddenly came back to me... Hey, I wanted to be a famous writer back then. 

I remember how I would name myself as “The K.R Dy”. This is, by the way, inspired by the initials of the famous author of the HP series, J.K. Rowling, just so you know. I would literally write by: K.R.Dy in each of the story I make or "I publish" (like I use to call it then). I know, K.R Dy doesn’t sound as good as J.K Rowling. But what do I know, I was a child who fancies writing silly stories during her spare time! Cut me some slack!

When I was a child, I have been addicted to magic, vampires, witch crafts, and all those super natural stuff. I was quite a child, i tell you. At some point I even felt that I have some magical powers because of my intense addiction to magic. Maybe that explains why I love Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman's Practical Magic and Melissa Joan Hart's Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Way back during my grade school days (3rd -4th grade to be exact), I would always scare my classmates off because I would often tell them  I could see ghosts. And that's not all, I also tell them proudly that I have the power to shoo them away. I know, too much TV and plus  I was a crazy kid. But being a spirit questor was one of my dreams back then. So please give the 3rd grade Kim a chance.

If you think Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series was awesome, I say, I was the first one who had the idea of the whole vampire-falls-in-love-with-a-human idea. I mean, really! There was no Twilight then when I was in 2nd grade and I created this story that has something to do with a female vampire unexpectedly falling in love with a human. I named the story Vampires also in love. There’s something wrong with the title, I am quite aware of that. But I was in grade school, what do I know? And yeah, apparently, coming up with story titles is my weakness. I actually made quite a few stories with funny titles. I have one that goes “A Wonderful Dream Come True” and “Magic Shoes”. I know, I'm such a kiddo! 


I don't know where the crossed out words "make love" came from! :O


See my writing skills? I know, I'm a writer in the making during those days! 

The plot of my vampire story was kinda' poorly constructed because of my sucky English grammar.  But the story and the point is all clear once you read it. Rest assured, rest assured!

For some reason, all of the stories I made had a hint of conyo-ness. And I really found it hilarious. The taglish wordings in each sentence I made was way too epic for my life. There was this story I made, entitled Unbelievable, and there’s this line there saying, He “sadyang banggain” Sarah when it was supposed to be He deliberately bumped Sarah. I can not believe that I was having so much fun writing those stories and not have a single clue of how absurd I sound. And I thought I am publishing these works! I'm so cute! 




Reading my own childhood stories made me laugh. Seriously, I din’t know how to write essays properly back then and it clearly reflects on the several stories I made. But for a 2nd grade, I bet the stories I made are already brilliant. I mean, the ideas are all original and creative. Not normal for a young kid my age. I was a wiz! NOT.

I guess my fondness of making up love stories for my grade school best friend influenced my writing dream. My grade school best friend and I were used to exchanging love stories starring our crushes every week. Though the grammar was quite poor we barely notice it and still manage to understand the whole point of the stories that we made for each other. Ah! The almighty power of the kids’ imagination. 

Unfortunately, my hope of being a writer is all gone. And so is my dream of becoming a doctor. Well, technically everything that I am currently doing in my life are all "unplanned". None of it mounted from my childhood dream. Heading towards an organizational communication career was definitely not my dream profession. It was not even close to my dream of going to med school. But nah, I guess it wasn't my calling. God planned this for me and so far, I'm not complaining. 

And hey, I can still write my own novel right? Its not too late! Maybe in the near future I could write a book.  This way I could fulfill my long lost childhood dream and be popularly known as K.R Dy.

Hmm.. No? Maybe another pen name would work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment