Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Planner-less Year

Every time a new year comes, one thing that people always look out for are those stylish PLANNERS. Choosing from those limited Starbucks, Muji, Belle de Jour, Blogberry, and Moonleaf planners were the biggest dilemmas of all. In fact, I was so torn with what planner I'm gonna buy for this year that I ended up not having a planner AT ALL. It saddens me because I miss doodling. I miss scheduling and not forgetting the things I need to accomplish for the day. I miss posting post-its. I miss writing my random thoughts down with my colorful pens. I miss it a lot. If you'll have a chance to see one of my planners, its so very COLORFUL and full of wordings and letter-ings. It's so fun to look at. PROMISE!

My planners!
Having decided to go planner-less for this year is not really working out for me. Well, I guess its already kind of obvious because I miss having one so much. I can always buy one, my mom always say. But its already April, isn't it too late? All the months before April would be left blank and I don't want that! Unless I would take the time to recall everything that happened the past months per day.

Funny thing. All of my planners have been lost or misplaced in school and I was able to find it. Isn't that so cool? Thank God for those good souls who opted to give it back to me or surrender it to the lost and found section. *BOW* 


Let me give you a quick run through of my college planners. Well, my planners and I went through a lot. From them being lost and misplaced somewhere inside the University and me, "whole heartedly" sharing how my day went. You can say that I couldn't have survived college if it weren't for them.

LAME?

HONESTLY SPEAKING: I'm gonna give you a quick run through just for kicks and to make this blog post read worthy 'coz I don't know if you noticed but I really just want to rant on my being planner-less this year. Teehee. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


This was my very first planner in college. Of course, it was the freebie planner that DLSU gave us during our frosh year. Everyone else (freshmen) was using it might as well join the band wagon.



I din't really like post-it back then. I really din't. Hehehe 

You have no idea how much I take time to make this planner of mine colorful every week. Well, you might have seen nicer planner doodles than this but forgive me, I was just starting to appreciate the beauty of having a not-so-grown-up planner. Cut me some slack! 


This was the planner I used as I start taking my major subjects. I made the cover BTW. Isn't it pretty?



Unlike my frosh planner, this toned down a bit in terms of colorful-ness. I think, I din't have much time to make it as pleasing as I like it to be 'coz my majors were practically killing me softly. 


I had another one of those frosh planner. I think I have the same one as the '09 batch if I'm not mistaken. Honestly, this DLSU planner isn't so bad. It was more effective though when it had the important University dates. But yeah, it was still useful. 

Looks kind of worn out, right? The price I pay for throwing the cover away!


As you can see this planner got wet somewhere which explains the smudge of ink around the edges. This planner (I think) is by far the most violated one among all of my used planners. Its so.. DIRTY!


I honestly got this planner because of its awesome beauty tips placed in each page. Hee hee



For some reason, I wasn't able completely write on this planner. I don't really know why but I guess my laziness in planner writing started to function. BOO!


I've declared myself broke after getting this planner. I also needed to be on a 2-week caffeine hiatus when I got this precious red velvet planner in my hands. 




With this planner, I kinda' started to write on it like my very own journal. I guess all the lines provided pressured me to treat it like my own diary or something. 

So yeah, this was my very last planner. No more for 2012. Its just sad. I no longer use my colorful pens and post its. I tried using my iPad for scheduling purposes but see, it doesn't feel the same. I can't personalize it. 

I vow for this planner-less year not to happen again. Come next year, I'm definitely going to get one. 

It's just so hard to plan my life without having a planner. WOW. Ha ha ha 

Hay. The kind of problems I have. I'm so shallow.  KBYE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment