Thursday, April 5, 2012

Things Most Folks Don't Know About Me

Because sometimes what you see is not really what you get. Well, people might think they got me all figured out just by having a conversation with me. But really, I've got so much more going on. And I guess, its about time for me to welcome you to my not-so-normal-little world. Hope this wouldn't change anything! Teehee

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a cashier of some grocery.
No matter how ridiculous it sounds, this was one of my childhood dreams. Every time I go to the grocery with my mom, I was amazed with the cashier's "price scanner" (the one that looks like a gun that they use to scan the price of the stuff you bought). It was so cool, especially the "tiiiiit" sound it makes. Actually, it was all about the scanner thingy that they have. My dream of becoming a cashier started from that very scanner.    


I only had 1 boy friend EVER.
Yes, I only had one in my life so far and it was still way back in high school. I never had one in college. People are unusually surprised when I tell them this and they always ask me why. But believe me, I also ask myself the same question. I guess, OrgComm ate too much of my life!

I've eaten dog food.
This did not happen by accident. I really ate it. I wasn't drunk as well, FYI.

My friends actually dared me to eat it during our Christmas party. Since I'm not a KJ kind of a person, I ate it and drank a glass of water right after I chewed it. Not very tasty for humans, NOT VERY TASTY. The food came fresh from a dog's container so it was kinda' rubbery.  


My relatives used to call me "KimChiBuni".
They actually have a song for me in line with this nickname. It goes, "KimChiBuni Balbuni ka!" It's like a chant of some sort and they would just repeat the words all over again. They said I was balbon when I was a kid so I guess that's where the nickname came from.  


I don't have a favorite color.
I did not really notice this until my friend asked me what my favorite color is. I know I love the color pink growing up but now, not so much. All the other colors don't really amuse me as well. I know I love pastel colors more than any existing colors. But I can't think of any distinct color that I like. Hmm...


I am fond of billboards.
I love staring at billboards. I also love to read the tag lines written on it. I think it is the main reason why I love passing by Edsa. Aren't you amazed with the many billboards you can see in that area? It's so cool right?

I don't know. I just really fancy all the creativeness of these advertising stints, from the photographs, tag lines, etc. Feel me?

Am I just weird or do you guys have the same fetish too?


I'm a middle child.
I am the 3rd among the 5 children of my mom and dad. I don't know the syndromes of being a middle child but I do know that sometimes I tend to be insecure, so does that count? Teehee 


I don't like apples.
I don't really like the taste and the weird texture it has when I chew it. I hate apples. I'm no Snow White.


I don't like sweating unintentionally.
I hate being sweaty or any doing that would make me sweat. So I hated P.E in college. I hated walking under the scorching heat when I'm in school or in some place else. I hated commuting if I'm on the way to school or going to some place else. But jogging and doing my daily exercise is an exception

I just really don't like sweating when I'm not supposed to sweat. I'm maarte like that.


I am paranoid.
Let me rephrase that, I am VERY VERY VERY VERY PARANOID. I don't know why but I tend to overthink stuff. Simple things like giving a gift to someone will make me have thoughts like, "Will s/he like it?" "What if s/he won't use it?" "Is my gift too over the top?" "Was it too cheap for him/her?" And sometimes, having too much of these in my head will make me end up not giving the gift at all.Trust me, there's so much more where that came from. I have lots of absurd paranoid moments that I have yet to share.        

I still dance like crazy in my room when I'm bored.
Hey, this isn't so bad. Sometimes, this even serves as my exercise for the day! But yeah, most of the time, I just do it when I'm bored.


YOU. STOP PICTURING THIS HAPPENING IN YOUR HEAD.


I still play dress up with my little sister during my free time.
We look like fools but its fun!

It takes me an hour (maximum) to get ready for school or any occasion.
Even my mom complains for my being too maarte in getting ready for something. I don't know why but I guess I just want to look good every time I go out. Right, girls?

I know the Star Spangled Banner by heart.
I sing it with feelings just like how the Hollywood singers would sing it! Sample?

Oh, say can you seeeeeeeeeeee............!!!!


I am a "seasonal" lactose intolerant.
It's weird I know but really sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not. I can't really tell when I am and when I'm not. So yeah. It's something that I've got used to.

The perfect setting for me to meet new people is in a coffee shop. 
Some people would prefer meeting people in a club where people are all rowdy and drunk. Me, I want to meet people in a more interesting place - a coffee shop.

It's just like what you see in movies. You're all alone in a coffee shop reading a book and suddenly some gorgeous guy comes up to you and started a conversation. Hay! This is how I want it to happen. I already have a clear picture in my head ever since. Maybe I just like the fact that coffee shops have this cozy and a more "professional" ambiance.

I zone out easily
This is one of the rare talents I have. I guess I just concentrate on the stuff I do too much that I opt not to notice the people around me. I have the ability to turn off my hearing and become deaf all of a sudden when I concentrate. Can you do that? It's a skill, told ya!

Compliments make me feel uneasy
I'm a sucker for compliments. I never learned how to respond which makes the situation AWKWARD. Do I say thank you? Do I just nod? Do I reciprocate and compliment him/her as well? What do I do? See? Exactly my point!

I sing my heart out every time I take a bath
Hell yeah! I do it too. I'm a concert queen every time I take a bath. I don't just sing, I sing with feelings and a fake microphone (shampoo bottle).

I don't get tired of watching my favorite movie OVER and OVER again. 
Yes, until I get to memorize all the lines and be able to write its screenplay.

I don't know how to put make-up on myself. 
What kind of a girl am I? But seriously, all those eye make up, etc. I don't know a tad about. Every time I go to a party, my make up is always taken care of by none other than my friends. I'm dependent to them like that. One reason why I love them so much.


I love the smell of pentel pens.
Sometimes I even smell it on purpose. I take the cap off and then put the tip of the pen near my nose and smell it just for kicks.

DISCLAIMER:
I'm no addict. I'm not severely like those rugby boys!

I have the ability to picture romantic stuff VIVIDLY happening in my head.
Yes, I love daydreaming. This usually happens when I'm bored or when I'm waiting for someone and I am stuck with zero things to do. I think my strong imaginations came from the gazillions of chick flicks I watch on the telly. 

You know that porch moment you see in the movies? I sometimes picture myself in that very situation with some guy I like then I suddenly get all tingly inside and smile like an idiot. Then it will suddenly dawn on me that "Hey! Its just your imagination, woman! You look stupid!" BOOM* In no less than a minute, I'm back to reality. Sucks! 

Take note, everything varies - walking hand in hand with a guy at some lake, playing thumb wrestling with a guy then later, we will end up tickling each other, and the list goes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment