Friday, September 21, 2012

Maroon 5: Overexposed Tour-MNL

First things first, 

ADAM LEVINE IS A PERFECT EPITOME OF A HOT/SEXY/TALENTED MAN. I WOULD DEFINITELY DO ANYTHING FOR HIM TO MARRY ME. HIS EFFORTLESS YET FINE LOOKING STYLE NEVER FAILS TO TAKE MY BREATH AWAY. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HIS SEXY VOICE. 

I CAN GO ALL DAY BUT YEAH... HE'S JUST TOO....


Okay. I'm done.

I think you already know it when I say that I am such a huge fan of Maroon 5. My countless of posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram being full of those genius song lyrics, hot pictures of Adam, and etc. is enough to prove how much of a fan girl I am. Yes, I am not denying it, 'cause I know somewhere out there a girl is swooning over Adam and singing her heart out to Maroon 5 songs, equally or maybe even in a 100X more obsessed way than I am as I type this entry.

See? So, I'm not so bad.

Well, if you're not aware of my "steady" (just so I wouldn't come out as a die-hard fan) admiration, I am telling you now, I LOVE MAROON 5. And the concert last September 18 was something that I was definitely excited for. In fact, I was looking forward to it ever since August when I purchased my ticket. Though we only got Upper box seats, it was not really a problem. Just the thought of seeing Adam Levine, even from a far and hearing the band perform live was enough for us to savor the night.

You would assume that this night is such an awesome night for me. Yeah, I thought so too, but Edsa-Guadalupe din't leave me be just for one night by being traffic-less for a change. To cut the story short, I was late, late enough that when I arrived at the Coliseum, The Cab was already on their last song. You have no idea how relieved I am seeing The Cab still on stage opening for Maroon 5. I'm not a fan of the Cab to start with so I din't mind missing them perform live. I was just so glad that Maroon 5 haven't started with their set yet when I arrived 'cause if they already did...I would...CRY.

So yeah, calming myself down after knowing that I was just in time for Maroon 5 to start, I settled down and sat with my buddies.


The Sea of Maroon 5 fans

The other side of the sea

Shar, Iris, Kate, and Me

Shar, Iris, and Kate

Gio was also with us, BTW. 

We have to wait for awhile before Maroon 5 finally opened the show. Stress as I was from the Edsa traffic, I definitely din't mind. I just took the time to relax myself with all the hassles I dealt with before reaching Araneta. You have no idea how insane the traffic was, considering that it was a Tuesday that time. SERIOUSLY, Edsa has no HOPE. 

This was the second time it happened. During that first time I was stuck in Edsa traffic, my plans for the night got ruined. And I'm not going to let that happen on the night of the Maroon 5 concert so I did not give up, I remained patient. 

SERIOUSLY, I think I was close to crying every time I look at the time given that I was stuck in a bumper to bumper situation. Recalling that moment right now even makes me feel pissed.      

BUUT ANYWAY.

Just as we were sitting on our seats talking to each other, the lights started to dim and a simultaneous payphone ring sounded on the background. The arena was suddenly filled with excitement and people started screaming at the top of their lungs. And then the moment we've all been waiting for happened.....

Adam came out and opened the show with their hit single, Payphone.

I died. WE ALL DIED.

Favorite shot of the night

It was a concert definitely worth our penny. The band totally rocked Manila performing their hit singles with so much energy and FAYAAR. Though I was bummed that they didn't include Sad and Never Gonna Leave This Bed in their set list for the night, it was a-okay 'cause it was still ONE HELL OF A CONCERT! Besides, I was still glad that they sang an AWESOME acoustic version of one of my favorite songs, She Will Be Loved. I fell in love with that version the moment James Valentine started strumming his guitar and of course when Adam started singing it with his very acoustic-y voice. This was definitely one of my favorite performances of theirs in the concert. Second to this was their Daylight performance, which by the way is currently on loop as I type this entry.







One thing I liked about the concert was the AWESOME transition of the songs. It was very very smoothly done. Kudos to the band for being so so.... good and for giving everyone an eargasm. Of course, who would've forgetten PSY's Gangnam style song segue before the band started singing One More Night? This definitely caught everyone off guard. And for a moment there, I thought Adam was really going to do the dance. That would've been epic.

I also found it funny 'cause every time Adam would dance a bit while singing their songs or would just simply be plain sexy with his moves, people (I'm guessing, majority of them were girls) would start screaming like crazy. I even heard someone shout, "ADAM, I LOVE YOU! MARRY ME!" 

Oh wait, that was me.



When Adam Levine already closed the show, it felt surreal. I don't want to end it just yet. I had that "wait, that's it" feeling and I seriously suffered from a severe Maroon 5 hangover afterwards that lasted for about 2 days.

I listened to their tracks days after the concert when I was on my way to work, when I was at work, and when I was on my way home. That's how intense the hangover was, I guess that would really explain how good the band really was during the concert. It wouldn't have this effect on me or to anybody else if the concert was just.. "okay". #Maroon5Hangover was even a trending topic on Twitter after the concert (if I'm not mistaken) which means that I am obviously not alone when I say... MAROON 5 WAS ABLE TO PUT ON AN AWESOME SHOW AND THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES SOMETIME SOON... (and make Adam Levine realize that he loves me and marry me eventually)

1 comment:

  1. When Adam Levine already closed the show, it felt surreal. I don't want to end it just yet. I had that "wait, that's it" feeling and I seriously suffered from a severe Maroon 5 hangover afterwards that lasted for about 2 days.

    Playgroup Singapore

    ReplyDelete