Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The One with the Spontaneous Weekend


SPONTANEOUS would perhaps be the best word to describe how my weekend went. 

Just like any other typical Saturday afternoon, I accompanied my mom to the grocery to buy some food along with my little brother and sister. We were lazy to go with her in the first place, but I guess we don't have any choice.

Its like a because-she-said-so kind of thing, so I'm pretty sure you get what I mean.

We were just heading to the meat area of the grocery when my mom suddenly told us, "Let's spend the night at Tagaytay!!!" And she wasn't even asking us, it was definitely a one clear declarative sentence. Hearing those 6 words, turned our lazy lazy asses into happy happy ones. The three of us suddenly found ourselves enjoying grocery shopping with our mom unlike the usual.    

Funny story, my little sister was even doubtful of my mom's sudden spontaneity that she acted all weird and dicey.

Patti (little sister): Wait, mom, what are you doing?  
Mom: What? You don't want Nova?
Patti: What is this?
Mom: Nova? 
Patti: Hindi ung chips kasi. Niloloko mo kami noh? You're tricking us, I knew it!! 
Mom: Tricking you in buying chichirya?
Vincent (my brother): ANG LABO MO!!
Me: *I placed my hand on her forehead* Are you okay? Do you feel nauseous? *I was being sarcastic*
Patti: NO! We're not really going to Tagaytay! Alam ko! Mom just want us to be excited para hindi tayo tamarin!
Mom: HAHAHAHAHA OKAY! Edi don't go with us. Iwan ka.

Then we all turned away and left her standing by the chips area, but of course we were just kidding. So she just ran towards us and spanked my mom. EPIC!

We first called One Tagaytay to make a room reservation, but unfortunately they were fully-booked for the night. So we tried calling up Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay instead and it turns out they have rooms available. Our minds were already set for Hotel Kimberly but when my mom decided to call up One Tagaytay again via her mobile phone just to double check, ONE TAGAYTAY was suddenly available.

It was, according to my mom, an answered prayer. Obviously, she really wants to spend the night there.

My mom's fake sleeping by the lounge.
Wine, anyone?
Achi's checking out the menu for some midnight snack.

We brought our dog with us not thinking that he won't be allowed to stay inside our room. We thought they have a lounge for dogs or something but unfortunately, they don't have that kind of facility. So we had to leave him inside the car with the windows semi-opened. It was hard, really hard. But we just went to the parking lot as often as we can just to check up on him.

When we arrive at One Tagaytay, around 1 in the morning, the first thing that we noticed was the television in the lounge area set on HBO HD. Nightmare on Elm Street was on! While waiting for the housekeeper to get our room ready, we watched Nightmare on Elm Street and witness the intense morbidity of the movie which BTW, did not help me to sleep that night. Thank you very much.

HBO in HD isn't enough for my sister so she just had to stand near the TV and watch. 
Freddy Krueger did not stop haunting people in their dreams at the hotel lounge. Instead, my brother insisted to watch it in our room as well before we doze off. And oh, did I mention that after Nightmare on Elm Street there was another follow up Freddy movie? Of course, my brother was happy. He thought HBO HD was the bomb and wanted to have that channel at home.

Because of this, I slept around 3 in the morning! NOT COOL! And I need to wake up early for breakfast. SO VERY NOT COOL.

As they were watching Nightmare on Elm Street, I was distracting myself by doing this.

The next day, my sister and I immediately went to the parking lot to check on Pao. He was so giddy when he saw us and he was jumping and running all over the place. He was so cute! But yeah, we had to leave him again 'coz we need to head back to the hotel room and take a bath for breakfast.

Breakfast buffet was totally good. Got myself a treat of unlimited hot chocolate on a very cold morning and a longsilog on the side.


Sister's eating her breakfast.
It looks so obvious that we just got up and took a bath and immediately head to breakfast.
My breakfast!

Our room also had a balcony so my mom, vain that she is, wanted me to take a photo of her there with the view and stuff. Of course, I also need to have one myself. I know, we are the perfect epitome of the classic saying, like mother, like daughter.
My vain mother! 

A few hours after breakfast, my mom went to the spa with my sister. I was supposed to go with them but I chose to spend time with our dog instead. Yes, that's how much I love him. I'd rather go walking with him under the scorching heat than having a full-body massage.

There was also a pool in the lower penthouse of the hotel but too bad, we din't bring our swimming stuff with us, so yeah, we weren't able to swim.

Since we couldn't swim, we took pictures of ourselves instead. 
The view
We passed by Rowena's and buy those yummy Buko Pie and Blueberry Tart before we checked out. Good thing they had a franchise right in front of the hotel we stayed in. Those buko pie and blueberry tarts are just like HEAVEN in a box!

Patti walking Pao beside Rowena's!
We had lunch at Chicboy, since we haven't tried eating there. And so far, I can say, the food there is a-ok. I din't like that it was open air though.


Walking Pao while waiting for our food

It was one fun spontaneous weekend indeed. My mom's spontaneity really did make my week. It was a VERY perfect way to relax before I started working (which started yesterday, BTW). It's not actually always that she become instinctive all of a sudden which explains why we were caught off guard when she suddenly blurted out the words, "lets spend the night at Tagaytay!". So yeah, I'm just very thankful for this very deviant day and its perfect timing. It's true what they say, "timing is everything." CHOS!


2 comments:

  1. i love tagaytay! i super love Rowena's buko and ube tarts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :) and yes everything in Rowena's is to die for! :) so yummy!

      Delete