Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's more fun in DLSU!

Daunting days at work is finally over for me! And as of last week, I am definitely back to my old University life! Hallelujah! But not totally "back" 'cause I don't have any classes left to attend to. So basically, it's just going to be Thesis, School, and I for this remaining term. And I'm pretty sure it's going to be one hell of a bonding experience. I just know it.

The timing of my practicum being over could not be any better. I was so happy that I was able to go to the very successful culminating activity of  the University Week 2012 and see lots of familiar faces! School was kind of crowded that day (obviously) so I wasn't able to watch the pre-show and the show conveniently.

I had to go all the way up to the 3rd floor of LS building just to watch parts of the pre-show and sit on the grass during the main show. And did I mention that it rained as well while I was watching the concert? And we were sitting on the grass. BUMMER. But it was a-okay, I was still able to enjoy my last UnivWeek experience as a student.




I was actually eager to watch the show because I knew Sam YG, Slick Rick, and Ramon Bautista was hosting. I'm a huuuuuge fan. But like I said, we weren't able to find a decent place for us to watch it conveniently. We sat on the right side of the stage which did not allow us to see them face to face and did not allow me to take decent photos of them. All I have with me are side view shots. Boohoo! I don't even have a photo taken with them! </3 


Okay, lemme just take a couple of steps back before the actual culminating activity started.

My day actually started when I met up with my 2 thesis mates for a consultation with our mentor. The usual stuff happened, we asked and asked until everything was crystal clear. So, as soon as we went out from the department, our thoughts were all in place for thesis and by next week, we'll definitely have our game faces on. Yeaaah!

After the consultation, we visited the food bazaar to grab something to eat. We were just sitting at the Yuchengco Lobby, eating, when Bam suddenly wanted to have her hair cut. She dragged Shar along with her which made her easily give in. They had their hair-cut scheduled at 1pm at Bench Fix. But hours of waiting at Cellos, apparently caused them to have a change of heart. None of the spontaneous hair cut happened. No matter how hard I try to convince them to do it.

So, we ended up hanging out in school instead doing what we normally do. This one and that other thing. (WINK! WINK!)





Then, I met up with Trisha, Kyla, Renz, Conner, and Jarvin and spent the whole day with them. Bard, Karla, and the others soon followed. We din't manage to watch the whole show 'cause of the rain and the crowd. So, we ended up food trippin' and spent the rest of our time catching up. It was fun! Its been awhile since I last stayed late in school with awesome company.   






My day wouldn't be complete without seeing Ira Shemaiah Macalindong (full name? Hahaha) Good thing I was picked up from school and was able to stay until 11 pm. She's such a busy girl the past few weeks and I'm happy that time permitted us again just to even see each other and hang out for awhile. We were supposed to go fan girl-ing with Ramon Bautista, Sam YG, and Slick Rick but our fan girl powers wasn't enough to beat all the other girls. So, never mind. 

Oh! She even gave me a red velvet cupcake from Sonja's for Valentine's Day. Aww! Isn't she the sweetest? I thought we were not doing it this time and I wasn't prepared to reciprocate. Huhu



In a nutshell, though I wasn't able to catch the fireworks display, I still had fun! I was able to spend time with such awesome people. Yes, it was an awesome day for everyone. No rain could apparently stop all the awesome happenings! 

Couldn't emphasize how awesome this day was. All I know is, masaya ako kasi PUMUNTA AKO UNIVWEEK2012! ;)

It really is more fun in DLSU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment