Saturday, June 16, 2012

So... I graduated.

Graduating from college is perhaps the most momentous part of each and every person's life. I'm not going to differ because it was indeed a very fulfilling 5 hour ceremony for me. I mean, why wouldn't it be? We all looked our best in our toga and had our own shinning moment on stage when our names were called to have that awesome handshake with Br. Erguiza. It was such a typical celebration of finally finishing college but it gave every graduate the most priceless feeling. 

We done with college baby!      

Ken, Shar, and Me
Ken, Bam, and Shar
Me and Bianca
Jo, Deng, Ria, and Altea


A day before the graduation, paranoid as I am, I was already thinking about the possibilities of me losing balance in my heels as I go my way to the stage. I had a clear picture of that whole scenario happening in my head and I always cringe every time I remember it.

Imagine the camera’s on you and so is the people’s attention. Not to mention, the mere image of you shaking hands with Br. Erguiza and getting that piece of paper is projected to everyone in a big screen. Picture yourself tripping in that very minute and you just turned your graduation ceremony to an extra memorable one. Well, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! 

This is what my head was full of a day before the ceremony. And maybe you’re curious of what happened in the actual ceremony. Did I trip? To tell you honestly, I did trip. Well, that was expected (me and my clumsiness). But just FYI, I did not trip on my way to the stage, I semi-tripped when I was waiting for my turn to go to the stage. It was weird how it happened. I think my knees weakened or something, 'cause it did not happen while I was going up the stairs, it happened when I was already in the platform. Oh well at least the crowd did not see what happened. It was just between me and my course mates who were there at the moment of my toppling. It was still embarrassing though but AT LEAST not the whole guests and graduates saw it. PHEW!


I really want to say that graduating from DLSU is a start of a new chapter in my life but that would be just wrong or might be an understatement in my case. 'Coz apparently, "that new chapter" started to be written quite early for me, as you all know. So I think, the best way to say it is finally, I’m an official AB Organizational Communication graduate, baby! (What is up with me and “baby”? K) I wanted to throw my graduation cap in the air in a brief time period but I guess, I was too afraid to lose my cap since it’s just a rental just like everyone else. So BOOHOO!

College has been quite a journey for me and I think I already wrote all about it in my previous post. God has been very good in showing me the right path to go to in the course of my life. And I am indeed grateful that I choose to follow it. Of course, my mom and my tito has been a huge part of all these ‘cause if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t be able to graduate in a prestigious university after all. I owe them both, I owe them BIG.



I know its already too late for me to express my thank you(s) to the people who became part of my college life. But I'm still going to do it, nevertheless. 

To the people I met in college and I became good friends with, THANK YOU. Thank you so much for making my college life as fun as it is. Thank you for doing those crazy things with me and bearing with me during my not-so-sane moments. Thank you for making me want to go to school even though I’m so stressed with academic works. Thank you for turning a bad school day to an awesome one in your own simple ways. Thank you for understanding me when I’m not in the mood. Thank you for always greeting me a “Hello” or with a simple smile every time we pass by each other in campus. Thank you for those random texts and PMs that never fails to make my day. 

To the people who helped me grow in college, THANK YOU. Thank you for teaching me valuable lessons I need to learn in life. Thank you for making me realize that life is much more than being a student and studying in school.

To the professors who taught me in college, THANK YOU. Thank you for making me appreciate the importance of education. Thank you for feeding my mind with interesting lessons. Thank you for transforming me into a hard working person. Thank you for teaching me how to balance my academic subjects. Thank you for making me stay up all night just to finish a paper work (please sense the sarcasm. :))) Thank you for being considerate. Thank you for the free-cuts. Thank you for making me appreciate caffeine.  


To the people I had a crush on in college, I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU. Thank you for existing and making this world a happy place for me to live in. Thank you for those awkward stares you all give me that make me die a little inside every time you catch me looking at you. Thank you for motivating me to dress nicely and take that extra time to fix myself when going to school. Thank you for being there to make me feel better (just that plain sight of you) when I’m not in the mood. Thank you for making me feel kilig.  

To the people who tried to pull me down in college, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME THANK YOU. Thank you for making me acknowledge my strengths as a person. Thank you for making me realize that I can go beyond my capabilities. Thank you for the attention. 

To the people who hated me in college (if there's any), THANK YOU. Thank you for making me the center of your universe. That's all. 

It has been one hell of a roller coaster ride, college! And I couldn't say anything more than it is being a fulfillment. I am so ready to face the future, head on. 

BRING IT UNIVERSE, BRING IT. 



No comments:

Post a Comment