Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I've always been a fan of fictional books. I have a serious thing for Suzanne Collins, Alice Sebold, George Martin, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Stephanie Meyer. I think the only non fictional books I love to read are some of the Nicholas Sparks and Mitch Albom series. The rest of my favorites are all fiction which I guess explains why I daydream stuff in my head that are all impossible to happen in real life. Go figure.

A latest addition to my favorite list of fictional authors is E.L. James. I started reading her book 50 Shades of Grey out of curiosity. And yeah, knowing that Ian Somerhalder is rumored to be playing one of the main characters in the book that will soon be turned into a movie, I just had to give it a read. (wink*wink*)

Hearing how intense this book is made me want to read it more. So, the moment I knew my colleague at work had it, I immediately asked for a copy of her e-book.



At first, I did not get where all the fuss is coming from 'coz clearly, I did not see anything wrong with it the moment I started reading it. It was just your typical Bella Swan and Edward Cullen story. But lo and behold, when I reached the latter part of the book, I told myself, "Oh! So this is where all those crazy comments are coming from." But innocent and naive as I am when it comes to all those kinky stuff, I was surprised that I did not mind at all. I did not pause from reading the book, instead, I remained glued in my iPad reading all the interesting stuff happening. Don't judge.  

Some say this book is too much for them to take in. Some say they can't stand the author being too detailed in writing about her crazy sex "fantasies". But for me, reading this book was interesting, interesting enough for me to finish it in 3 sitting (could have finished it in 2 if I wasn't busy with work). Don't get me wrong, I'm not into those BDSM kind of thing, and I enjoyed reading it. Again, don't judge.

I'm currently reading the sequel of this book and so far, I'm liking it way better than the first. 

I won't go further into details  for the benefit of those who haven't read it yet. But really, give it a try, it's a good read. Just try to open your mind. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment