Saturday, June 23, 2012

Stay In Saturday

I never appreciated weekend like this before. Ever since I started working, I treasured my Saturdays and Sundays with sleep indulgence. And I think, I've been very consistent in that area every time the weekend comes. Don't you just love waking up just a couple of minutes before having lunch? Talk about having an ultimate bonding experience with your pillows and bed.

Normally, I would be out every Saturday and have some quality time with my friends. But unfortunately, the past couple of weeks, I've been stuck at home. But I'm not really complaining, I just try to look at the bright side and see it as an opportunity for me to rest.


Since I din't have anything to do in the afternoon, I decided to clean my room. Well, my room isn't that messy to start with but there are some things to declutter. So as I was throwing out some stuff, I saw a couple of old things that I can reuse. And yeah, a bunch of memorabilias that is [apparently] not worth keeping.

I had a 10-second-aww moment when I saw two of my favorite Nancy Drew books. I don't know where my other books went. [Mom must've donated it or something.] 

I remember being seriously hooked on the Nancy Drew series. And I also remember, vividly, how I would read these two books over and over again. I couldn't get enough of all the interesting mysteries, apparently. My imaginations were so strong then and even though I knew what will happen next every time I would reread these two books, it din't stop me at all. Instead, it made my imaginations grow, which was a good thing for a kid my age.

I admired Carolyn Keene at such an early age. I thought she was such an awesome author. She's one of the few authors I knew who inspired me to write my own stories then. And she also made me explore the beauty of reading, FYI. 

I owe my fondness for books to Carolyn Keene, seriously, I owe her big.


My reading list is seriously starting to pile up. So, desperate as I was to finish everything on my list, I started to spend half of my day reading 50 Shades Darker with John Mayer's Room for Squares in the background. 

So as I entered the world of Anastacia Steele and Christian Grey, I din't even notice that it was already 8 in the evening. And John Mayer's track was on for a long while with me being unaware of it as well.  This always happen to me the moment I get hooked with what I'm reading, I lost track of time. But its all good, I enjoyed every bit of "me time" I had with just my book and earphones plugged in my ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment