Monday, July 30, 2012

July and I

And you thought I wouldn't even bother updating my blog anymore...

I know, I know, its been quite awhile since I last blogged. Honestly, I'm not that busy with anything, its just that for the past few days, I've been dealing with lots of stuff that's a bit too personal to share. But I must say, I'm so much better now than before. I've never felt more "stable". Let's leave it at that. 

Do I dare fill you in on what's happening with my life? Well, everything is the same. I din't have my hair-cut as I promised myself for the past 23123321221 times. I'm still in my old job. And I'm still as paranoid as ever. Oh, except for the fact that one of my wisdom tooth was already extracted, nothing changed. I'm still the same old Kim only wisdom tooth-less (at least, as far as I know). 

Good thing I have my ever-so handy iPad and Blackberry to somehow "document" some of those things that happened the past days. And for Instagram in pressuring me to do so.  It'll be enough for me to give you a run down on how I've been for the past weeks. 

Book Hangover


I got a hold of this John Green e-book that my friend recommended to me and was able to finish it in 2 days.  Actually, I had this on my iPad for quite sometime but din't bother to read it until last time. I wasn't finish with my 50 shades trilogy when I read this, I guess, I needed a break from all those "rowdy" happenings that has been filling my head while reading the book. [I still love E.L James' book, don't take it the wrong way.]  

So anyway, after reading the Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS), I think I had myself experience a serious case of the so called book hangover. I mean, its enough that I got affected and all but the fact that I was stuck at the very idea of what happened in the book [I won't spoil, don't worry], was something else. I literally did not know what to do after reading it. Call me OA but its just... SAD. 

Segafredo Zanetti Event



Last July 20, 2012 we had an event for Segafredo Zanetti. [FYI: Its an Italian espresso brand brought here in the Philippines, for those people who don't know.] For this event, we invited a couple of bloggers and some magazine and newspaper editors to cover the launch of Segafredo's awesome espresso machine. The event went well despite the stormy weather. 

HIGH 5 to me and Ika! 

Rekindled Friendship

I guess if there is one thing that would highlight the month of July for me, it is my rekindled friendship with some of my high school friends. We all know how inevitable it is to lose touch with them the moment we all step into college life.  





Its funny though 'cause I wasn't really close with these people in high school (except for Ivane) to start with. But see, when we saw each other last time, its like we've been really close all  through out the whole 4 years of our high school life. Its not even awkward at all. 

I'm so proud of each and everyone of them. I have 2 friends who are going to be doctors soon for crying out loud. I'm really really happy that life is treating us pretty well.

Dinner date!


It is one of those rare occasions that the much awaited dinner date with these people that took so long to push through finally happened on one Friday night. YAY!

Finally, I get to see these people again. We weren't complete though, but it was all good. We're such a fun bunch so I guess, it doesn't matter. Hopefully, nights like these can happen again. I have lots of catching up to do with them. 

THE Dress

So I went shopping [I can't recall when though] and saw this body con dress. I tried it out of curiosity if it'll suit me. Lo and behold,  it actually looked good and I felt sad seeing it fit me so well. 'Cause yeah, I was already broke. I mean, I tried it just for kicks [not supposing that I would be tempted enough to buy it] and din't expect it to look so nice on me. But yeah, I din't buy the dress 'cause like I said, I was already broke, so broke that I wasn't able to buy food for my poor tummy on my way home.

Since I couldn't buy the dress for myself, I just decided to take a photo of me in it. You know, for souvenir purposes. And to motivate me to work hard to earn lots of money. 


Office Blues

You know how being in the office gets so boring, tiring and stressful, all at the same time? Well, I thank God for giving me office mates that make everything bearable for me. Just last week [if I'm not mistaken], when we had new cork boards brought inside the office, we had a bubble wrap partey. Popping those bubble wraps, sure was something. You can say that it somehow helped us in coping with stress. I think we should have a supply of those in the office, might come in handy, especially in those very "tough" times. If you know what I mean.       


"Oh Carmen! You taste so good!

No. This is not me going all E.L. James on you. 

Its Carmen's ice cream that made us all "MMMMM.." all at the same time and yearn for more. Its our latest ice cream discovery yet! Well, for me, its way better than Haagen Dazs and Magnum. We haven't tasted the other flavors but we already loved the Malted Milk. There's just this thing about the milk flavor of Carmen's Best that sets it apart from other ice cream brands. Its so yummy! I did not get the "umay" feeling at all, as expected. And not to mention, the chocolate Maltesers in the ice cream was just... PURE PERFECTION. 



ADMU vs DLSU Game

Much to my disappointment, I wasn't able to watch the first UAAP Season 75 ADMU vs DLSU game live. Since there was a great influx of people who went all out just to get a hold of those golden tickets, I decided not to join those thousands of people and just settle for Studio 23. 


I had my own mini viewing party inside our room along with my sister [who's also cheering for DLSU, by the way] with two tubs of Chef Tony's popcorn. It would've been more fun though if my little brother and my older sister were there watching with us, since they're both for Ateneo. [Hehehe] We'll all be jeering at each other. FUN!

It was fun yelling and jumping up and down with my little sister every time the game gets so intense. Believe me, in last week's game a lot of yelling and jumping happened. It was very tiring, I tell you.  

Outbreak Manila

I made the first one pass but this time I promised myself I'm not going to miss the second one

I never expected the Outbreak night run to be this hella fun. And no, the heavy down pour didn't stop us from running away from those bloody zombies, so yeah, we ended up showering in the rain. It was all good, really. At least, I can cross out something again in my bucket list. 

#45: Shower in the rain 

It was a total work out for me. I had to dodge those zombies and run as fast as I can for me to save my 3 flags. I did not stumble, unlike the others. I also wasn't afraid to step on the puddles of mud as I ran, for the first time. Normally, I would get all iffy but during the run, I did not care. I wasn't so bad. I am very proud of myself, in fact. All along I thought I would suck in this kind of "activity" but turns out, I was pretty good. I survived the Outbreak with one flag intact. 

AT LEAST, I HAD A FLAG.   




I know I wasn't able to cover everything that I missed out for the past weeks, there's just so much that happened. But the most important thing right now is that I am happy with how everything's turning out. I developed a whole new perspective that made me a better person. 

Here's to an awesome half of July!  



P.S. I will try my best to have my hair cut some time this week. Pray that I won't chicken out. 

2 comments: