Sunday, August 5, 2012

The "Relevant" Haircut

I think the bunny ears in the word relevant already tells you how "relevant" this blog post is. 

Going to a salon is just like going to a doctor's appointment [at least for me]. You know how we usually undergo a series of medical tests and spend the rest of our time anxiously waiting for the results just to know whether there is something wrong with you? For me, having my hair cut gives me the same feeling. The whole small talk I have with the stylist on how I want my hair to look like, especially when s/he gives me the "HMMMM" look, is 'kinda nerve racking. In the back of my mind, I always thought to myself, "Did he get what I mean? Oh no, he's trimming my hair. Oh God!" Then there I sit nervously watching the stylist gradually cut the strands of my hair. If there's no mirror in front of me, I would've closed my eyes the whole time and open it the moment he's done with all the "stylizing".

Its quite obvious how I have serious hair issues. I know its weird but I had a couple of bad hair cut experiences that I no longer want to happen. My being paranoid all came from those horrible experiences. Every time my hair becomes unmanageable, I always become anxious 'cause I know it only means one thing, I have to go to a salon ASAP and have my hair cut. Its odd to hear this statement coming from a girl, I know, 'cause normally going to a salon is supposed to be something a girl should look forward to. I love going to the salon and pamper myself, don't get me wrong, its just the hair cut part that makes me all distressed. Since I don't have a specific stylist to go to, I have to try a couple of iPad apps to see whether this hairstyle fits me or not, I have to research on the best hair salon in the Metro and ask my friends what they recommend as well, I read reviews over the internet, and the like. Its a lot of hard work for a hair cut, I tell you.

After months of fail attempts, I finally did it, I had a hair cut. *Curtsy, curtsy* I've been wanting to have one ever since I was doing my thesis paper but it did not happen. I told myself to get a hair cut before or after I graduate but it did not happen. I told myself to get a hair cut last last week but it did not happen. See, I always chicken out for some reason. But now, I did it, I DID IT.


I am quite happy on how my hair turned out. I am feeling a bit awkward still with all those bangs in my forehead but I need to get used to it, I guess [like I have any choice?]. Yes, I know, I look like a legit Chinese girl and I'm expecting people I don't know to assume I don't speak any English just because I look like this. Maybe its time for me to make the most out of this do by pretending to be one of those people who say, ME-NO-SPEAK-ENGLISH. ME-NO-UNDERSTAND. Hmm..

P.S. I want to reiterate that I've been wanting to have this hair for a very long time. I hope some people won't take it the wrong way. PIZ.

1 comment: