Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wake Up Call

At some point in your life, there comes a time when you'll realize something, something that will make you ponder and think if you're actually living your life to the fullest. It suddenly dawned on me and I started to ask myself, "Hey! Are you making the most of your life?" It struck me 'cause I don't know how to readily answer my own simple question. I started weighing and thinking about everything that has been happening in my life. It took me 15 minutes or even longer to come up with an answer.

Lo and behold, I realized that I'm not even close, I'm so far from living a perfect and happy life. I know that there really is no such thing 'cause life isn't all about being happy. There are ups and downs, of course. Its inevitable. But what I mean is, I am quite bummed with the fact that I'm so far from being perfectly happy. I'm 6,000 kilometers from being there. See, that's like from Manila to Japan -_-.  K.

Everyday is just a typical routine for me. I wake up, I go to work, I go home, and I sleep. I mean, I know that's how everything is supposed to work, normally. It's not like I have all the time and resource to go out and party, right? But see, I'm not doing anything to make everyday count. I am just settling with what I got used to. I tend to shoo the little things that I have and failed to appreciate its worth in the possibility of making me feel extra happy. Perhaps, this is the reason why I am already jaded, jaded enough with how my life is currently working/turning out. I'm not saying that I am very unhappy, I'm just not happy.... enough

Most of the time I also find myself being all distressed and in a melancholic situation just because of the random thoughts that suddenly pops in my head. Of course, we all know how unhappy those thoughts are. I take too much time thinking about unpleasant things and go into details that will then affect my day. [Its basically a rundown of my insecurities most of the time.] Its petty, I know, but it creates such a great "impact" on boosting the negativities that surrounds my life I don't know why, but I seem to be so attached with things that upset me, for some reason. Its weird.

"We aim to please." 
Apparently, in my case, this famous Christian Grey line is quite true. I always want to please everyone even though I know it is sometimes way out of line. I always do things for the benefit of other people and we all know how this isn't really a good habit to tolerate. It might be good at times but too much is just... too much. I might be such an Anastasia Steele to everyone I know but contrary to what Christian Grey believes, I think its about time for me to start doing things for "ME" and not to please anyone else, as much as possible. 


I don't really know where this unexpected epiphany came from. All I know is, this is certainly going to create significant change with the way I live my life, perhaps. I guess, this realization serves as a clear wake up call for me to roll out and live a little in the simplest way I can and in every aspect of my life. 

I mean it is not supposed to be all about having a job, being able to buy what you want, being popular, having tons of money, having a boy friend, having a car, and the like. If you define life in a very shallow way, maybe those that I mentioned will be enough for you to feel contented. But see, one thing I realized is there's so much more to it. It need not to be complicated. It can be as easy as finding your inner peace, having a great laugh once in a while, smiling like there's no tomorrow, loving yourself, spending that quality time with your family and friends, etc. Fill yourself with those and you're 50 times ahead of everyone else in terms of happiness.


This realization has sure opened my eyes as to how I need to live my life starting today. I have to avoid hatred and attract "positive energies" as much as possible. I should also start appreciating the little things I have and start living for me, once in awhile and not for anyone else, most of the time. See? Everything works so simple and we should not complicate it. Once we get a hang of it, then rest assured, everything will follow. Though life may seem such a daunting cycle/routine, we have to make every day count even in the simplest way that we can [like I said]. No need to make it complex. Sure, having a job, being rich, etc. are all the ideal way of living but the way I see it, those are all "secondary attributes". The most important thing is to live every moment, laugh every day, and love beyond words.  Plain and simple.


How can I realize all these...just now?

1 comment: