Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Blues


The aircon is extra cold. The weather is so gloomy. My pillows are so cuddly and my bed is extra soft. How can I leave this happy happy place?

You have no idea how much I abhor Mondays. I don't know why but I find it hard to get up every time it's the start of another week. 


"Make this week end fast, please?", I always say to myself. 


It even came to a point that every time my mom walks in to my room and tells me to wake up, I readily reply, "I'm not going to work today." [How I wish it was that easy.] 


But of course, after a couple of minutes of unconscious thinking [I don't even know how I do it], I realize that I have to go to work, it's my OBLIGATION to go to work [rather]. So, I don't have much of a choice but to get up and prepare for another work day ahead of me. BUMMER! 


As my sister would put it, I am the ultimate epitome of a slowpoke every morning. And she always calls me that Pokemon who doesn't do anything good but sleep. 


I guess that's how I can best describe myself every morning.  I am aminado.


Of course, I had to say sorry to my sister being all slow and lazy. So, apologetic as I was, I always go, 


"I...a..m...so....rry....I...am..so...ta...mad....to...day." 

Then, an automatic slap in my arm will soon come after.

I know, we're so sweet.

ANYWAY.

Its actually funny how my mom will give me the "Hi Ms. I'm-not-going-to-work-today" look after seeing me all dressed and ready after my "announcement" as she entered my room a couple of minutes back.This happened a couple of times and I think she already got used to it. Hearing me say, "I'm not going to work today" may it be a Monday or a normal weekday, in my bed, half asleep is nothing new to her. She wouldn't even bother forcing me to get up 'cause she know very well that I will be getting ready in awhile.

Today was pretty much a normal work weekday for me. Except the coincidental encounters and me being out of the office almost half of my day. [I think I am in no position to further go into details about the coincidental encounters so lets just forget about that.]


Well, apparently, this note explains how I've been out of my desk almost the whole day. The fact that this "person" managed to place this in my keyboard and use my post-it as well tells a lot. 

He has been in my desk while I was away. >:( 

Funny how a word can have so much power to motivate you to even go on a diet... MORE. 

[Ha ha ha KIDDING. This isn't so much of a big deal, it actually made me laugh when I was able to read it when I got back at the office. You know who you are BRAW.]  

Being out of the office doesn't mean that I was out wandering the streets of Makati nor did I go shopping in Greenbelt or Glorietta. It was still work related [unfortunately]. We actually did our media rounds today where we distributed a couple of press releases to the different broadsheets around Manila, hoping and praying that it will be released in no time. It was all about shaking hands with different editors and writers and us giving out our business cards to them. Then, a little bit of small talks here and there.

This is my oh-so-normal-Monday. Though I was all lazy to get up early in the morning, my day actually turned out quite productive.


Its a clear Hooray-for-today moment! WEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment